Injectable Fillers in Newport Beach, CA
Dr. Bandy offers injectable dermal fillers and other non-surgical facial treatments for patients in Newport Beach, California, and the greater Los Angeles and Orange County areas.
When you are young, your facial contours are plump and your skin is smooth. Unfortunately, aging, sun damage, lifestyle choices, and harsh environmental factors cause the facial volume to disappear and lines to form. Injectable fillers address these concerns and rejuvenate facial contours.
After BOTOX® Cosmetic, injectable fillers are the most popular non-surgical treatment. These treatments offer a quick and easy way to restore lost volume and smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
What Can Injectable Fillers Treat?
Injectable fillers can be used to:
- Reduce nasolabial lines (parenthesis lines)
- Add volume to the cheeks
- Plump the lips
- Rejuvenate under the eyes (tear troughs)
- Soften marionette lines
- Smooth smoker’s lines
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty
How Are Injectable Fillers Administered?
Dermal fillers are injected in-office with a very fine needle. Multiple injections will be administered around the treatment area to provide fullness and restore smooth skin.
The amount injected will depend on the extent of volume loss and wrinkling.
What Are My Injectable Filler Options?
Injectable fillers are available in a variety of brands and types. These fillers vary in ingredients, density, and consistency and are specified for different treatment areas.
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Many dermal fillers consist of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring protein found in the tissue that attracts moisture and retains water for hydrated and rejuvenated skin. Hyaluronic acid is found in abundance in your youth but diminishes as you age, leaving your skin increasingly dry and tired.
Hyaluronic acid fillers return moisture to the skin while adding volume, diminishing fine lines and wrinkles, and providing a more youthful look.
Hyaluronic acid fillers include:
- JUVÉDERM® products are used to minimize smile lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, smoker’s lines. These products also restore volume to the cheeks and the lips.
- Restylane® is used to plump cheeks and lips, and lessen the appearance of nasolabial folds.
- PREVELLE™ Silk is used to reduce nasolabial folds, marionette lines, sunken cheeks, thin lips, and hollowness beneath the eyes.
- BELOTERO BALANCE™ is used to reduce nasolabial folds, marionette lines, sunken cheeks, thin lips, and hollowness beneath the eyes.
Poly-L-lactic acid is a biocompatible, synthetic polymer that restores natural collagen levels.
Collagen is a protein found naturally in tissues that provide strength, structure, and elasticity. Like hyaluronic acid, this protein is found abundantly when you are young but diminishes as you age. When this occurs, your skin begins to thin, and lines start to form.
Poly-L-lactic acid fillers include:
- Sculptra® Aesthetic is used nearly anywhere on the face that can benefit from increased collagen. Usually, Sculptra® Aesthetic is injected into the lower third of the face to treat smile lines, marionette lines, and chin wrinkles.
Sculptra® Aesthetic is one of the longest-lasting fillers available on the market, with results lasting up to two years.
Calcium Hydroxylapatite Fillers
Calcium hydroxylapatite is a gel that stimulates the body’s natural collagen production.
Calcium hydroxylapatite fillers include:
- RADIESSE® is used to target laugh lines and nasolabial folds.
Injectable fillers do not have to be made up of synthetic ingredients. Patients looking for an all-natural way to restore volume may benefit from fat transfer.
Fat is commonly taken from the abdomen, hips, thighs, or buttocks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Is the Recovery Like After An Injectable Filler?
Q: When Will I See My Results After Injectable Fillers?
Q: How Much Do Injectable Fillers Cost?
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), dermal fillers range from $500 to $900 per syringe.
Q: What Treatments Can Enhance My Injectable Filler Results?
Injectable fillers cannot be administered on the same day as facial surgery. You will need to wait until after you have finished healing from your facelift, eyelid lift, or brow lift before you undergo your injectable treatment.